Why are my problems bad?

gogalar gomidensha6

Why are my problems bad?

Post by gogalar gomidensha6 »

If you don't teach me how to improve my problems, my problems can't be better.
Why no one mentions about it ?
At least my game based problems are VERY GOOD 'cause it's GAME BASED.
What is useless ?
Please teach me !
BartTM

Re: Why are my problems bad?

Post by BartTM »

Why do you post problems?
To teach other players - what?

To answer your question: they are bad because, apart from some issues with civility, they reveal your real strength.
Your rating is 30 kyu, which is the absolute entry level of people who just learned the game.
Needless to say, 99.9% of the people who visit Goproblems are way stronger than that - than you.
The more you boast your strength, the weirder it looks.

So may I suggest that you stop posting problems for a while.
Instead try solving some of the many problems that are already here. That way you will gradually get stronger at Go, while discovering lots of surprising, interesting and beautiful situations that other players have already worked out. As your grade gets stronger you'll be better equipped to understand the intricate patterns of Black and White stones and to judge whether an addition to the set of problems on this site is warranted or not.

I don't want to put you down. I hope you'll learn and appreciate the game of Go. But the way forward is to take information in instead of producing lots of output.
One tool for that is solving go problems. Please do so and become a 9 dan! :D
gogalar gomidensha6

Post by gogalar gomidensha6 »

To be 9 dan ?
I don't have such time.
You don't be active outdoor instead of playing go, right ?
I'm young, I have to prepare for my future's path, then GOOD BYE!
I've checked out- When your rating is not The Best Dan Player at this site,
WHY SHOULD YOU SAY TO ME "Be 9dan."?
We can find other stronger people than you.
When you log in, you can check the branches of all the problems.
So somehow, The Stats are pointless in my opinion.
Everyone who log in can solve 98 % of those problems of this site if they are FREE, right ?
In your thinking, WHAT AM I ?
Young people should prepare for their future.
There's no time for me to check all the problems of this site.
Before my sleeping, I played this game.
http://www.sakura-ent.net/minigoonline/ ... 4202612420
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

You don't have to become a 9 dan, I just wish the best for you.
But it is helpful if you try to achieve at least the 10 kyu level or you will have a hard time finding people at your level at any serious Go club.

If you cannot be bothered to check the problems on this site, why do you create problems here then?
Why should other people be confronted with the produce of someone who doesn't bother to really understand the game?
nimbim

Post by nimbim »

I think I found a way to explain what's bad in your problems.

The point of a tsumego is to find the correct variation among many. It's a puzzle to solve. People visiting this site want to think about the correct solution and then be happy that they found it.

At least 95% of your problems are instant captures. You just look at the board, see theres an atari, take/protect the atari and it's done. There is zero thought in this for anyone who has played just a few go games.
The rest of your problems are filling dame, which is even less of a thought process. In your problems there is nothing to consider about the lack of liberties, it's really just filling in the 0 value points on a board. I don't see any purpose in that.

Would you write a book and then only publish the last chapter? Nobody is interested in that without all the things leading up to it.
Do you use the infinite money cheat code in a video game within the first minute playing? There is no longer any challenge.
Did you ever buy a puzzle that came with all pieces already connected?
When you watch a movie, do you just skip to the last minute?

Nobody expects from you to be a good go player, but adding hundreds of problems that not even you would struggle to solve is just pointless. There is nobody interested in problems that need no solving, otherwise they wouldn't visit a site about go problems.