Can adum remove the voting/flagging system?

Irregular go

Can adum remove the voting/flagging system?

Post by Irregular go »

Whenever people give me 1 star and invalid flags, I cry and I don't know why, even on a normal board instead of an irregular board.
Why are those terrible, 22733, 22734(Fuseki), 22744(Sanrensei)...
To stop the troller's hurting, Mr. adum, I pray, PLEASE FINISH THE VOTING/FLAGGING SYSTEM, I PRAY!
WE DON'T NEED THE WARS, FINISH THE WARS!
Last edited by Irregular go on Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BartTM

Re: Can adum remove the voting/flagging system?

Post by BartTM »

I don't think Adum is monitoring the site very actively anymore, unfortunately.

All I can say about the voting system is that most people who visit this site do so because they want challenging go problems.
You have posted a lot of problems that fall outside of that category, so it can be expected that they downvote your problems for not aligning with their needs.

You really have to ask yourself what you are trying to achieve with those problems.
if you care about what other people think about them then you have to accept their comments and voting.
If you don't care then maybe you should create these problems in your own Go editor but not post them here...

FWIW. I removed several problems of mine that I found interesting, but got bad reviews. In all those years I now have less than 100 problems of myself. I go for quality, not quantity.
Irregular go

Post by Irregular go »

Is it coz of the quality, my down voted problems? I have original problems but also copied many problems that were created by other people. Even some of those are down voted, why? I thought copies of good problems are also good.
Now, my self confidence is lost. My shameless copying is not guilty in my thinking. Even if people down vote my copycats, I actually shouldn't cry coz those are copycats.
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

Look here, the voting system is there for people to use. You can take the results to heart or you can ignore them, that's your choice.
But it is anyone's free choice to vote - if you don't want that that is your problem, not anyone elses.

What we do care for is civility and good manners. No insults please, and definitely no threats.
When, like in last problem, you tell people to die rather than vote then you are overstepping the line big time.
You should expect drastic measures by me or other mods.
Please do not do that again, or I will sandbox or just delete the offending problems.

Another problem with your problems is that many are stone dead trivial.
I don't mind a trivial problem once in a while, and it can be comforting for weak players to have some problems that are easy to solve.
But these are way too easy even for beginners, and then it becomes tiresome.

So when people get irritated by yet another super simple problem and vote it 1 star, you tell them to die?
Because your problem is somehow better than other problems that truly deserve 1 star? Really?
Irregular go

Post by Irregular go »

Why couldn't the fake be popular even though I plagiarized popular problems?
At the least, my copies should be popular, it couldn't be obtained, why?
Then the voting seem to be randomly.
The people is just hating me, and down voting with no reason in the fake :((
Which is actually original? Which is actually fake?
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

I do not know why you keep on going about fake or original.
People don't focus on that, or at least it is not the top priority when there are worse issues like:
- a problem which does not recognize all correct solutions (22786),
- is dead wrong (22782) or
- harassing (22784, fixed)

I want to make this clear: I will not tolerate insulting or threatening language.
I consider this clear and understood and will not warn or ask questions any more when I see new problems pop up with these issues.

Then there are the incorrect problems. It baffles me how you can miss solutions that are so obvious; not once, but again and again.
I have the impression that you are not a very strong player, I wonder if you play at a Go club at all.
I do not want to discourage you, but do not just focus on creating Go problems alone; try to solve a good bunch of them before you add yours.

FWIW, I did not add a problem before I played out all the problems on this site (about 3000 at the time) and I was a 1 kyu amateur Go player at the time, playing at 2 go clubs (Delft and Rotterdam) weekly.
kikovsk

Post by kikovsk »

These problems are flooding the site. Whenever I click on a random problem, frequently one of these comes up and it's frustrating.
Irregular go

Post by Irregular go »

The people's voting is wrong!
Give the copies 5 stars!
Because copies of good problems are good too!

Original:
http://igomeijin.blog85.fc2.com/blog-category-8.html

Copied:
http://www.goproblems.com/22650

Original:
http://www.goproblems.com/3104
Copied:
http://www.goproblems.com/22700

Why does Tomoyasu Mimura @ Onishi T do down voting to the copies of good problems?
Even to other people, he seems not to give 5 stars.
He seems just to want to do bullying!
Shall I tell all the Japanese go fans " Tomoyasu Mimura is the wicked player, so don't be with him. " through my twitter?
Shall I steal his fans?
BE PREPARED!
Some problems I created don't miss variations!
For Onishi T: I'll say some things in Japanese.
" Kienasai! Teihyouka wo keshinasai! "
Means " Go away! Erase down voting! "

I was bright with original like this one...
http://www.goproblems.com/22712

The crazy player Tomoyasu Mimura crushed my heart, Made me make the copycats!
What's wrong when I tell him " Die! " ?
My feeling is flood of tears...
And hey, Mr. Bart TM, I'm not so weak.
Sometimes I'm busy, so I can't edit well sometimes.
I'm not lazy like the most people on this website ;P

BartTM

Post by BartTM »

You cannot tell people to die just because you they wrote something that upset your feelings.
You cannot tell people to die. Full stop. No matter what they did anyway.
Other people have feelings too. You cannot expect others to respect your feelings if you don't behave respectfully yourself.

I repeat - I will remove problems with harassment; yours or anyone elses.
If I find one of yours that does so I will remove it and scan the other problems you posted for likewise language.
Behave or accept that your problems will disappear.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

i'm not interested in removing the voting and flagging systems -- they are useful for getting problem feedback.

i recognize weird non-standard problems are unlikely to be rated well by a standard player. ultimately i want to find a better way to allow these types of problem, but keep them mostly visible only for the people who want to see them.