Possibility to exclude sub-genres and groups in search.

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Might be a good idea for logical and pattern search.

{Posted by Spirit}
admin

Post by admin »

makes sense. in general, i'm curious: what extended search options would people desire? i've been toying with building a fully flexible search engine, but i'm not sure if anyone would use it. can you give some examples of searches you might want to make?

adum

{Posted by admin}
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Exluding the Fun genre might be nice for people who would like to study realistic problems;

Instruction Required for those who like to concentrate on the problems themselves or because they don't understand english that well;

Amateur Games because they're just that;

Giants because they take too long;

Ladders because they are boring after having done a few;

etc. etc.

Maybe an option to exclude problems that the user has entered himself.

It might also speed up positional searches if only a few likely categories apply.

{Posted by Spirit}
santa c

a suggestion, or 2...

Post by santa c »

a nice, option, would be specific, size boards... it's not as usefull for most ppl, but it's nice, if one, wants to solve a few 4x4 quickies, for ex..

(ofcourse, range, of sizes is also logical - as in, if one wants, all the probs, on 9x9s or smaller boards..)

another possbile feature, is a second frame - if one choses, some option, in the search for ex. "slide" - he'll have the ability, to progress, between the resualts, using, some ">" and "<" buttons, on the top. as well as being able to return, to the search at any moment, having the search field, not cleared... - sucha thing would require some work.. but it's an idea...

another little thing is a special type of comment, marked with some '?' by the author - so that one can find, only the recent marked, comments. it's purpose, would be - the author of a cooment, needs, some help, with something, he's unsure of - and the problem, being active, it's kinda importent, so... it'd help ppl, get help with their problems.

{Posted by santa c}