why was 'fun' added, to the time trial?

santa c

Post by santa c »

i think, that some, if not most, of the problems, in this, group, aren't fitting, for the test... why was it added there?

{Posted by santa c}
admin

Post by admin »

i agree. unfortunately, it wasn't so much that it was added as that the new system of groups without subgenres turned it on by default, and i haven't figured out a good way to turn it off. i'm working on it, though...

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
admin

Post by admin »

okay, it should be fixed now. i've excluded Fun, Instruction Required, and Giant. any others you think i should skip for time trial?

adum

{Posted by admin}
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

ladders?

{Posted by Spirit}
admin

Post by admin »

we definitely want to skip the big ladders that cover the whole board type things, but these should already be excluded by excluding Giant. would you also wish to exclude the small ladder problems?

adum

{Posted by admin}
santa c

Post by santa c »

well, even though, ladders, might take sometime, to think out, and then, in case, u need to play them out... it might consume sometime, but ladders, that don't keep bumping, around on giant boards(even 19x19s), under the givven, rank, could, be read, in 1 min... at least, from, my expirience..

(btw- thanks, for fixing it;)

{Posted by santa c}
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

[quote]
we definitely want to skip the big ladders that cover the whole board type things, but these should already be excluded by excluding Giant. would you also wish to exclude the small ladder problems?

adum
[/quote]

Ok if it's just small ladders it shouldn't be a big issue.

{Posted by Spirit}
santa c

Post by santa c »

adam - is it possible for a new flag, to be added? one, which will say, if a prob, should be included, in the time, trial?

i just think, that not all fun,ladder and instruction, requiring problems, should be excluded...

(if u'll be doing, something, like that and will need somebody, to go over, the database - i'm willing, to help)

{Posted by santa c}
santa c

an idea - a simple one ;)

Post by santa c »

or could it be done, that simply, problems, where the avarage solving time(as it's kept, for the difficulty level), is above minute, to be excluded? wouldn't it be the best thing? this way, ladders, and instruction requiring probs, which could be putted, in the test, would be there...

{Posted by santa c}
chrise

Post by chrise »

Personally I do not think all instruction required problems should be excluded from the time trial. E.g. unkx80 recenty submitted a concise series of corner problems that, in my opinion, should be included.

chrise

{Posted by chrise}