show solution feature

chrise

Post by chrise »

Not sure if someone has already suggested this, so :- When using the show solution feature, particularly for the really difficult problems that have a lengthy solution, it dawned on me that a "pause show solution" / continue show solution" may be useful as an educational tool. All too often the moves flash by and understanding of the solution is no better advanced. Is it possible to build such a feature into the program?

Regards

chrise

{Posted by chrise}
santa c

Post by santa c »

just wondernig, i fu meant, the 'animates olution' option, under 'show solution'... i actually, think, that in most, cases, it's too slow...

{Posted by santa c}
chrise

Post by chrise »

Yes, I mean animates solution. Take for example the recent problem contributed by rex, 2984. Here there are a large number of moves in the solution
and I don't think that the full meaning of them can be understood, particularly for beginners, as the stones flash by.
It would be nice to analyse certain moves by pausing the animation, and understanding the significance they have to the outcome.

chrise

{Posted by chrise}
admin

Post by admin »

personally, i only use navigate solution. that lets you control the tempo. do people use the others much?

adum

{Posted by admin}
Hans

Post by Hans »

I also use only navigate solution. In my opinion the "animate solution" feature is just a sort of gimick.
I would not miss it if it was not there.

Hans

{Posted by Hans}
chrise

Post by chrise »

It did occur to me that the Navigate Solution performs in a similar way, and I do use it occasionally, but I find I use Show Solution more often. I must attempt to use Navigate Solution more often...

Thanks for your comments,

chrise

{Posted by chrise}
santa c

Post by santa c »

lol - actually, i think, that 'navigate solution' is the best, since, it also, gives u a chance to follow, other paths...

(and besided, the other one's just too slow, in most cases;)

{Posted by santa c}
rubilia

Post by rubilia »

I really miss a "show next move only" feature. There are several complex problems which I don´t see a solution of within seconds, even after the first move is done. When using "navigate solution", it´s hardly possible not to care about the green and red markers.

{Posted by rubilia}