New version: inline comments + Swing

Site news and updates.
admin

Post by admin »

BostonGo please email me a screenshot to adam@adum.com.

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
xela

Post by xela »

[quote]
okay, i realize i had a bug in the deployment where no comments were showing up at all for anyone. that should be fixed now.
[/quote]

Yes, I can see comments now. Thanks!

{Posted by xela}
floss

Post by floss »

if you normalize the window then maximize it: the board does not repaint. old version did.

thanks.

debian etch, sun java.

{Posted by floss}
floss

Post by floss »

also quite a bit slower on this platform, for what it's worth.

thanks.

(of course, none of this matters to me at all compared to accessibility.)

{Posted by floss}
Vladimir Levin

Post by Vladimir Levin »

[quote]
it's true that you can no longer replay it, but you can navigate through it interactively. i decided that once you've seen the position tree and the comments, there's not much need to play through the problem with the computer responding automatically to your moves any more. if people disagree with this reasoning, i'd like to hear it.

adum
[/quote]

Hi, I like to do some problems several times. It seems to help me get a more solid sense of why it's possible to achieve the correct result and hopefully to help me see these possibilities in real games. Sometimes after solving the problem I also restart it and just look at it pretending to add an opponent's stone in various places to see how a case where let's say it's possible to kill due to opponent's shortage of liberties becomes a case where that is no longer possible. Seeing the little green and red dots is distracting so I've been pressing 'previous' and then 'next' again.It would be nice to have the restart completely reset the problem so after reading comments I could go back to just thinking about the problem anew...

This is a really amazing site by the way - incredible work. Are there any writeups about
the technology used? I think it would be an interesting read.

{Posted by Vladimir Levin}
admin

Post by admin »

as far as maximizing the window and restoring, it redraws fine for me on my machine. of course, this is java; write once, debug everywhere. someday this applet should be ported to flash. sun simply cannot produce quality control the jre. unfortunately, porting is rather a heavy task...

adum

{Posted by admin}
kaf

Post by kaf »

[quote]
hi kaf. glad the isomorphic linking works for you.

can you explain more about not being able to see your comments, please? are you looking with the Navitage Solution mode where you can see the tree over on the right side? the comments should be below that.

thanks,
adum
[/quote]

Sorry, - I should have made myself more clear, but Snata got it right for me.

Just found another problem, - "pattern search" applet does not work anymore. I simply can't put any stone on the board.

{Posted by kaf}
Wyriel

Pattern Search

Post by Wyriel »

I have the same problem (I am unable to put a stone anywhere on the board for pattern search). This is both in firefox and internet explorer, linux/windows respectively.

{Posted by Wyriel}
floss

Post by floss »

[quote]
as far as maximizing the window and restoring, it redraws fine for me on my machine. of course, this is java; write once, debug everywhere. someday this applet should be ported to flash. sun simply cannot produce quality control the jre. unfortunately, porting is rather a heavy task...

adum
[/quote]

again, it's not anywhere near the problem for me that accessibility is. i don't need to resize; i do need to be able to read the text (the brown mission bar and menus cannot be resized and are not readable no matter what).

it's a shame that there isn't a diversity of sandboxed languages so that you could find one that you like, is not buggy, and doesn't have proprietary/security/privacy issues.

anyway, thanks for site.

{Posted by floss}
trucid

Post by trucid »

still a few bugs:

- when creating a problem, after adding some text to a node, the text field doesn't refresh when you switch to a different node.
- this one is tricky but i'll try to explain it. Someone made a comment on a new node (off path). I edited the problem and added that node, plus a few moves after it. After updating (submitting) the problem, the variation I just added didn't show up.

{Posted by trucid}