GoProblems.com mobile?

Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Hi Adum,

I don't know if there would be IP issues, but I wonder if you've thought of using goproblems.com as an engine for a commercial go problem service for cell phones and pdas? Especially in asia, something like that could be quite lucrative. Even developing something and licensing it to another company might work. Your applet is awesome, and while the thanks of people like me who had an opportunity to re-discover go thanks to the site is nice, I hope you're able to make some real dough from it.

{Posted by Vlad}
admin

Post by admin »

hi vlad, thanks for the suggestion. i haven't really thought about this, mostly because i don't know anything about cell phone go stuff in asia. i would certainly be happy to license my engine, but someone is going to have to contact me since i wouldn't know where to begin.

cheers,
adum

{Posted by admin}
Lok

Post by Lok »

It would be great to have GoProblems.com on mobile devices.
I worked on software for cell phone (running on Symbian OS) and, as far as I know, there is no way to make the site applet run on them.

Technically it might be feasible to port the engine on Java Micro-Edition Platform to access goproblems.com on PDAs and smartphones. But to sell it... There are some commercial chessproblems softwares available, but I have no idea how they sell.

{Posted by Lok}
kaf

Symbian OS

Post by kaf »

Hi Lok.
Is there any Go client running under Symbian?
Could you give me a reference?

{Posted by kaf}