More search options to help those that have solved everything

Yxven

Post by Yxven »

My problem is that I have solved every problem from 30k-4k, but I'm not good enough to advance beyond that with any consistancy.

I would like to go through the old problems while avoiding ones that I have resolved recently, but the current search options don't allow me to do that.

I suppose the ideal solution from a user's perspective would be to only search for problems that haven't been attempted since x date, but that data probably doesn't exist already and would be a pain to save.

Another solution would be to sort problems by # of attempts. IE Only look for problems that haven't been solved 4 times. I guess this has the problem of overfocusing on new problems.

Probably the easiest solution would be to just allow players to wipe their attempts, which of course eliminates the ability to see progress over extended periods of time.

I'd personally be happy with any of the above. Right now, my best option is to go through problems in order.

{Posted by Yxven}
Field Mouse

Solving everything

Post by Field Mouse »

Hi,

I recommend this:

1) find all the problems you want (eg 5k-7k problems)

2) start with the first or last problem there

3) keep solving one by one

4) when leaving, put the last problem you solved into favorites. Next time you will find it easily.

The disatvantage is that if you change the search options, you will get another list :)

Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}