Download as SGF?

mafutrct

Download as SGF?

Post by mafutrct »

Hello, I just discovered this site and I'm excited. This is the best Joseki interface so far. Very nice idea!

I'd love to contribute, but there is a simple feature I really want: Please allow downloads of the whole database as SGF file, similar to Kogos. It should not be too difficult to write the export function.

What do you think about this?
adum
Site Admin

Re: Download as SGF?

Post by adum »

this is something i'd like to do, yes, thanks :)
mafutrct

Post by mafutrct »

Great, I'm happy to hear that. Makes me want to add joseki data even more =)
Zwom

Post by Zwom »

Hi,
I was coming on here to post this same question, so I'll just second it then. I guess the corrolary question is 'Upload as SGF?' It may be useful to use other editors to make comments and maneuver a tree about a joseki then submit it like at goproblems. It would also be an incredibly nice feature to be able to upload/view a pro game or two illustrating the joseki in full board scenarios. Thanks again for the website, who knew that joseki could be fun?
blue88

Post by blue88 »

Just wanted to ask how the work on the download function progresses. Would be a really great feature and add to the sites reputation I guess.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

yes, i should really get around to this feature. it's a little more tricky than one might think because there's the issue of the node types, whether to include questions, how to translate everything, links, and so forth.
mafutrct

Post by mafutrct »

status?
sinse33

Post by sinse33 »

that's great can also export sgf about a diagram three
dracula

Post by dracula »

I'll cast my vote for getting this out soon. And regarding the questions, I think it's sensible to include them, marked as such. Also, I think the best way to implement this is as revision controlled sgf using a git repo. That way users can have the full revision history, and there could even be a provision for (some) users to submit patches via git which could be reviewed before inclusion, and that would be a good answer to zwom's question about submitting sgf's, although the web interface could also be modified to allow this. Git would also allow the periodic creation of 'stable' branches where vandalism and errors have been cleaned up. I think this would increase user participation and the popularity of the site, and even reduce server load, since a lot of users would grab a copy for offline use, sync periodically, and mostly just use the site for submitting joseki.
Riani

Post by Riani »

I'd just like to add my voice to this request. This is the largest free joskeki database I've seen online and greatly enjoy it. Thanks :D