Site grammar and translation mistakes.

novicenovice

Site grammar and translation mistakes.

Post by novicenovice »

How about to add an ability for users to point for site mistakes, for example in a manner of "select and press ctrl-k" where it seems to be an error in texts or, probably, translations ?
They might or they might not - you can never tell with bees. Vinnie-The-Pooh.
novicenovice

Re: Site grammar and translation mistakes.

Post by novicenovice »

By the way, same question may be asked about Josekipedia. I hope it's no need to duplicate such topic in Josekipedia forum branch.
tails

Post by tails »

Hi,

It will be appreciated if you point out text errors by reporting them in this forum. That should be the best way, particularly for English text errors. I can then fix trivial mistakes, and I believe Adum will handle ones that need decisions.

I've created a topic in Bugs board: Site text errors. Please make a reply to the topic when you find an error.

For non-English text errors, you also have some other alternatives. If translators are active for the language, they will appreciate your reports. For instance, I will really appreciate PMs and e-mails for Japanese text errors. You also have the choice that you become a translator if you are sure you can contribute to the site. However, reporting to the forum may be sufficient in most cases.
novicenovice

Post by novicenovice »

Being a translator is why I'm so concerned about the mistakes of translators +) and of course I will appreciate minor text bug reports as well. The suggestion was just to make process of reporting as easy as possible, because going to forum, looking for appropriate topic and composing a message is quite a big work for such a small thing as, for example, mistypes and many people would like better to forgive us our mistakes than to report it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking as if it would have happened to me.
tails

Post by tails »

Ah, I see, I didn't notice you are a translator. I was a bit pointless.
And I think you are totally right; people seldom report small mistakes.

I think I will try your idea, though that will not be soon.
Thanks!