A Quality label

adum
Site Admin

Re: A Quality label

Post by adum »

only allowing ratings for pro accounts seems a little drastic.

maybe we can limit to accounts that have solved at least 20 problems. and then make it easy to ban (with retroactive vote nuking) any clearly bogus accounts. how does that sound?
tails

Post by tails »

I think that's a good idea.

I have implemented the limitation on flagging and rating, and it's already online. Let' see how it works.

(Adum, I sent you a PM for technical confirmation. Please check it.)
kaf

Post by kaf »

Good idea Adum! Did you mean actually solving or just trying? If later, then let's make it 100.
Tails, is this "on" now? Wow, you're fast! :)
kaf

Post by kaf »

Tails, it doesn't seem working.
All these clones of "__'000" (like 777,111,222,888, etc.) are still dominating the rating system. Or whatever Adum meant under "retroactive nuking"?
tails

Post by tails »

Sorry, I haven't deleted their votes yet. They just can't make new votes until solving 20 problems.

I think we need to determine which votes to delete, with as clear and fair rules as possible.
Is there any good idea?

EDIT:
I found that a certain IP address matches 77 accounts, including -'000, 777, 222, a a, b b, and many Japanese-named ones. I suggest (my) deleting the votes made by those 77 accounts. (111 is an old account from another address, by the way.)
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

sounds good to me -- thanks tails!
tails

Post by tails »

I have done the operation, thanks!
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

nice, thanks!
tails

Post by tails »

yeah, thanks!
novicenovice

Post by novicenovice »

How about rating of rating?

I mean to make votes of those who is with high problems solved rating more important.

Try this sample as very simple implementation. Let consider we have two players: Absolutely Begginer (1%) and Medusa (52%). Begginer rates someone's VeryGoodProblem just with "1", but experienced player thinks it's "5". Resulting rating is 1*0.01 + 5*0.52 = 2.61. Heh, for two voters and my dull implementation it even smaller than (1+5)/2, but it was just to understand the conception. For real working system result may be achieved as ( ("1"*0.01 + "5"*0.52)/(0.01+0.52) ) = 4.92. So you see, voice of experienced player gives the basis of the rating. And, by the way, I don't think there's really a need to update ratings of the problems throughout changing of voted players experience, because their opinion was fixed at the moment of voting, but in this case players must have an ability to revote for the problem due to the same reasons.

I don't know exactly how it was at the moment of the creating of this topic, but now interface of a single problem page may be simply overloaded with additional "Quality label voting", but designer should better try to improve existing system.
They might or they might not - you can never tell with bees. Vinnie-The-Pooh.