Discussion of Tenuki

Dave Sigaty

Discussion of Tenuki

Post by Dave Sigaty »

It is not clear how and where to discuss the choice to play elsewhere. Should there be an indication on the board that there is a discussion of tenuki available? See Q16, R14, R12 - I added a comment on playing elsewhere but I think it is not obvious to the reader that it exists.
yoyoma

Re: Discussion of Tenuki

Post by yoyoma »

We should use pass. That's what kogo's uses.

The "pass" button is highlighted when that is an option.

Also we need to deal with transpositions. Already the Taisha is in two different spots. I guess we should delete the one that includes a pass, and instead after pass include a link to the tree for Taisha that doesn't have a pass.
Last edited by yoyoma on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

as yoyoma said, if tenuki has been entered for a position, the Pass button will be highlighted in yellow indicating it's an existing variation. conversely, to enter a tenuki, just hit the pass button.
Dave Sigaty

Post by Dave Sigaty »

In the context of a joseki dictionary the button should be relabled "Tenuki". "Pass" is not correct even if used by Kogo's. ;)
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

that's a good point ;)
gnos

Post by gnos »

I agree with Dave Sigaty on this point, but I also believe it would be nice in a given 'joseki' position to know how many times white (or black) tenuki'd up to that point. There should be an info box showing that, or better yet the Tenuki button could just have some white and/or black stones underneath it.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

that's a nice idea, tenuki counts