source code from sourceforge?

roy

Post by roy »

hi!

i visited sourceforge to find the source code of your go applets but i did not find them. can you direct me to where i can download them?

i'm new to java programming and wanted to see how you did those incredible go applets.

i'm thinking of doing something similar. it will be my first real java project. i just want to see how you did it and perhaps give an idea how to go about it.

i also love go and perhaps that's one main reason i want to do this project.

-thanks

{Posted by roy}
admin

Post by admin »

just go to sourceforge and check out the source using CVS. the .tgz file isn't current.

adum

{Posted by admin}
roy

Post by roy »

so i just download all the files with a .java extension?

are all the files in the src folder required?

{Posted by roy}
admin

Post by admin »

there are other files too, like images and makefiles. you should just do a

cvs co problematic

(is it called problematic? i forget. but whatever it's called.)

you should probably read about CVS first.

adum

{Posted by admin}
yatima2975

Source code from sourceforge?

Post by yatima2975 »

Hi Adam,

The code on sf.net is kind of out of date (15 months since last commit)... Could you please upload a new version? (Just to fool around with the code :-)

Cheers, Jan

{Posted by yatima2975}
admin

Post by admin »

hey jan,
that is actually still the latest version. i haven't made any changes to the applet in 15 months. the applet changes very infrequently...

adam

[quote]
Hi Adam,

The code on sf.net is kind of out of date (15 months since last commit)... Could you please upload a new version? (Just to fool around with the code :-)

Cheers, Jan
[/quote]

{Posted by admin}
yatima2975

Post by yatima2975 »

Hi Adam!

OK, then I'm doing something wrong - the graphics show up all weird (small black squares instead of nice stones etc.) How do you test the applet locally?

The reason I'm asking is:
I cleaned up the source code quite a bit using the Eclipse IDE (that's probably causing my problems). I've got some ideas for a simple SGF editor. And the idea for rotating/mirroring/inveriting problems is still kicking around in my brain.

But there's no need to pollute the forum, so if you want, I'll send you email to discuss this privately. :-)

Cheers, Jan

[quote]
hey jan,
that is actually still the latest version. i haven't made any changes to the applet in 15 months. the applet changes very infrequently...

adam
[/quote]

{Posted by yatima2975}
yatima2975

Post by yatima2975 »

Hi Adam!

OK, then I'm doing something wrong - the graphics show up all weird (small black squares instead of nice stones etc.) How do you test the applet locally?

I cleaned up the source code quite a bit using the Eclipse IDE (that's probably causing my problems). I've got some ideas for a simple SGF editor. And the idea for rotating/mirroring/inveriting problems is still kicking around in my brain.

But there's no need to pollute the forum, so if you want, I'll send you email to discuss this privately. :-)

Cheers, Jan

[quote]
hey jan,

adam
[/quote]

{Posted by yatima2975}
admin

Post by admin »

it sounds like you may have the images in a different directory than the applet is running from under your IDE.

the applet source is not exactly the most professional release. also, it was my first java program ever, so the code is a bit of a mess. if you want to clean it up, that would be great.

also, if you or anyone wants a fun project involving customization of the applet, a project that would be key for the site, let me know. there's one that needs to be done.

jan -- yeah, you can email me about stuff too if you want.

adum

[quote]
Hi Adam!

Cheers, Jan

[quote]
hey jan,

adam
[/quote]

[/quote]

{Posted by admin}