the boards sometimes fail to show

Peter Lundqvist

Post by Peter Lundqvist »

Hi

I've been trying to use the site (wich is a great btw). However, everynow and then - especially the first time i choose a 'time trial' - the goban fails to display (i.e. I see everything (timer, coolnes, restart, et.c.) except the problem).

I've never encountered this on windows - but it consistently happens to me using mozilla firefox and java 1.4.2. There is nothing showing up on the console. Might be a scripting problem with the applet (but then again, nothing shows on the console).

{Posted by Peter Lundqvist}
Peter Lundqvist

Post by Peter Lundqvist »

oh, right. i forgot one thing.

if i alter the stone size or something like that the board displays just fine.

{Posted by Peter Lundqvist}
LCZLAPINSKI

The boards sometimes fail to show

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

1. With Windows XP I sometimes have similar problems. Sometimes my dialup line won't get past the Java coffee cup picture. Other times I get the timer, background, etc. but can't see any stones or only stones of one color.
I'm thinking it might me that the goproblems server sometimes has more computers trying to use it than it can handle.
2. Also sometimes the Next Problem button doesn't work. Refreshing the screen corrects the problem.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
LCZLAPINSKI

the boards sometimes fail to show

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

I get the stone to move and the top and left navigation bars. Goban isn't showing up using either AOL browser or Internet Explorer. OS is Windows XP.
I tried many times with intervals in between.
Even signed off ISP and signed back on.
Tried changing stone size but don't get Goban.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
LCZLAPINSKI

The boards sometimes fail to show

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

I have better luck getting the boards to show with Internet Explorer than with the AOL browser.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
Tirian

Post by Tirian »

I use Firefox and Java 1.4.2 on a Win98 box. My trick is to have another browser window open (like the comments for a previous problem) and right click on that window in the taskbar. It makes the current problem screen paint itself immediately unless there is a lag in loading the problem, which is pretty rare.

{Posted by Tirian}