Josekipedia is live!

adum
Site Admin

Josekipedia is live!

Post by adum »

i'm happy to announce the release of josekipedia to the world! i'm very excited to develop this joseki resource with the help of the fantastic online go community.

josekipedia is functional, but of course it's not yet complete. i will be adding more features and fixes as time goes on.

please let me know what works, what doesn't, and ideas and suggestions you may have. enjoy!
blue88

Re: Josekipedia is live!

Post by blue88 »

The other day I wasn't logged in when I added a Joseki and thus noticed that guests had sufficient rights to do so. I don't think that's such a good idea. There should be some kind of history saving the changes and showing who made them. The internet is full of trolls. :geek:

Ps.: Also it would be nice if you could see all variations you added yourself by browsing through some kind of profile.
tails

Post by tails »

Hi,
blue88 wrote:The other day I wasn't logged in when I added a Joseki and thus noticed that guests had sufficient rights to do so. I don't think that's such a good idea. There should be some kind of history saving the changes and showing who made them. The internet is full of trolls. :geek:
I don't have an opinion for this point so far, but I know the Japanese (and maybe some other languages) Wikipedia is also allowing non-registered users to edit the articles. And it's working fine.
blue88 wrote:Ps.: Also it would be nice if you could see all variations you added yourself by browsing through some kind of profile.
You can see the list of your edits by either typing your name in the Activity:Edits page, or clicking the number next to your name in the Find:Users page.
I think it's a nice idea that the profile view has a link to the list.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

the internet is full of trolls, but not many like to enter joseki, i hope. the first position is a bit protected. so far there hasn't been much vandalism, so it's easy enough to fix it. there's definitely a benefit to allowing unregistered users to enter data, as a lot of people dont' like to register for anything. of course, it's always better when they do. anyway, there is a full history for every position so everything is traceable.
blue88

Post by blue88 »

Yay, broke through 1000 Josekipedia edits last night. Party! :D

Ps.: I miss a board for discussion and offtopic like this. There is an 'Offsite boad' but I can't create a topic there.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

thanks for contributing! :)

i'll check the permissions on the Offsite Board...