Reset Attempt Paths

jokep

Reset Attempt Paths

Post by jokep »

Hi all,

is it possible to reset the attempt paths to a given problem? I try to uptade my problem frequently to include solutions for paths not yet covered, but some are just superfluous, so I won't include them.

Thanks a lot,
Jokep
tails

Re: Reset Attempt Paths

Post by tails »

Hi,

If you really mean the attempt paths (that's what you can see as digits when you press the "See Attempt Paths" button), then you can't delete them, for they are the results that shows how people have tried to solve the problem, and you don't need to delete them.

If you mean comment paths that people made, then you can't delete them either.

If you mean the paths (success ones and failure ones) that you created with the graphical editor, then you can delete them with the graphical editor: Visit the position you want to delete, and press the red X button.
jokep

Post by jokep »

Yes, I meant the first one, the attempt paths. Sorry to hear they can't be deleted, because I like to check them to see if anyone tried a new variation I should cover.

Thanks anyway,
jokep
tails

Post by tails »

Ah, I got it. Sorry for my pointless reply.

And sorry that you can't reset the attempt paths. The data are also used as user status for the problem (success/failure counts, tried/solved conditions, and so on), so we can't simply clear them.

But if you are really in need of doing so (such as when you are going to modify the problem drastically), I think you can delete the problem and create a new one.