problem was disabled / put back into my sandbox ?

ewq123

problem was disabled / put back into my sandbox ?

Post by ewq123 »

hey adum / whoever did this,

I added a problem where you were supposed to kill if you could, and tenuki if it was not possible (tenuki was the right answer), then I set it up so you had 2 consecutive moves (not the best, but they made it possible to kill) and were supposed to kill and then tenuki as soon as the group is unconditionally dead.

It was up for 2-4 days and then disappeared from the site. I found it in my sandbox later, but heavily altered, with tons of variations missing and the solved and wrong markers set at other points. Who did this and why ? And whoever you are, why didn't you at least leave a comment or something so I know whats happening?

Here's a link to the problem:
http://www.goproblems.com/prob.php3?id=12676&undead=1
adum
Site Admin

Re: problem was disabled / put back into my sandbox ?

Post by adum »

if you go to the edit history of this problem, you can see it was edited by kaf, and he left a comment. you can also click the different versions to see what was changed when.
ewq123

Re: problem was disabled / put back into my sandbox ?

Post by ewq123 »

So who is kaf and how do i get in touch with him ?

The problem worked fine, and as far as i could see it was correct.

The things he changed are mainly moves the opponent plays. Who gives him the right to decide which are ok and which are not ? (Yes, they would have made life if w responds incorrectly)

He also either didn't read the instructions or blazed through the problem too fast to care, you were supposed to tenuki when the b group is dead, not get the "solved" message with the last move (allthough in very obvious cases you did).

If the question has too many instructions, and/or isnt organized well, thats one thing, but changing everything (that I spent alot of time on) and just leaving a smart-ass comment like "total mess. i think the author has confused which color does computer play" w/o paying attention to the way the problem was set up is weak.