Solved/Tried numbers do not update

tails

Post by tails »

Hi,

A user Max007 has a problem about his solved/tried numbers. After solving an untried problem, the numbers do not appear, and this problem remains being untried. That is, when he searches for untried problems, this one appears again. His old tries are recorded and shown correctly, but the numbers do not change anymore.

Can anyone help please?

(Max007 e-mailed me to ask for help about this problem. He is a Japanese, and says it's difficult to explain his situation in English, so I'm asking instead.)

{Posted by tails}
LCZLAPINSKI

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

At one time adum said it only used the first attempt of a user in a session. Maybe that is the problem.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
tails

Post by tails »

LCZLAPINSKI, how can it be a second attempt when he solves an untried problem for the first time? Thanks for the reply anyway.

{Posted by tails}
LCZLAPINSKI

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

[quote]
LCZLAPINSKI, how can it be a second attempt when he solves an untried problem for the first time? Thanks for the reply anyway.
[/quote]
If you fail to solve the problem on your first attempt of a session and then solve it later in the session, your attempts counter is not updated.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
tails

Post by tails »

Not true. I get 0/1 in that case.

Regardless of success or failure, the Tried number would be incremented after a session, and the problem can be no longer in untried status. In the Max007's case, the Tried number and the Solved number both never change after a session.

I have no idea whether this is a server side problem or a network problem such as firewall settings. Does anyone have any idea to determine the cause?

{Posted by tails}
LCZLAPINSKI

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

[quote]
Not true. I get 0/1 in that case.

Regardless of success or failure, the Tried number would be incremented after a session, and the problem can be no longer in untried status. In the Max007's case, the Tried number and the Solved number both never change after a session.

I have no idea whether this is a server side problem or a network problem such as firewall settings. Does anyone have any idea to determine the cause?
[/quote]
tails: I meant the problem attempts counter is not incremented a second time. Adum had answered me once that the problem attempts is not updated a second time during a session. I have found this to be true.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
jocund

Post by jocund »

If you hit refresh before solving it or browser back/forward, usually it will allow you to solve and have it update. I have a bit of issue with this, like if I fail a problem, I have to refresh before it allows me to "solve" it

{Posted by jocund}