Illegal Ko moves in time trials?

Brad

Post by Brad »

There seem to be some problems (at least at the 30th kyu level) which allow and possibly encourage illegal ko moves to reach a solution. I'm just getting started learning Go and obviously I want to learn it by the actual rules of the game. Is this a known problem or possibly just poorly edited contributions? Is it possible that the applet be changed to disallow illegal moves? Sorry I don't have specific problem numbers, but if needed I'd be happy to make note of the ones I find.

{Posted by Brad}
LCZLAPINSKI

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

[quote]
There seem to be some problems (at least at the 30th kyu level) which allow and possibly encourage illegal ko moves to reach a solution. I'm just getting started learning Go and obviously I want to learn it by the actual rules of the game. Is this a known problem or possibly just poorly edited contributions? Is it possible that the applet be changed to disallow illegal moves? Sorry I don't have specific problem numbers, but if needed I'd be happy to make note of the ones I find.
[/quote]
It is a known problem. Unfortunately each contributor must disallow the illegal ko responses. The applet doesn't recognize that the move is illegal.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
LCZLAPINSKI

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

You can try commenting the individual problems as you find them. The contributor or a moderator may fix them and it would help later problem solvers.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}