accessibility issues with goproblems.com

floss

Post by floss »

just discovered this site. like it.

there are accessibility issues. only a few very small changes would make it usable for me. i can't use it unless i can lie down and increase the font to very large.

1. make the mission ("black to humble white") in ordinary text so that the font gets bigger.

2. make the db data (group, time, level, etc.) take up fewer lines so that the user doesn't have to scroll to the problem when fonts are very large . or put it on the bottom.

3. increase menu font (how to show solution etc.).

4. make prev, next, etc. buttons big left, right, etc. arrows with small text rather than medium (but still unreadable) text and small arrows.

5. have a huge stone size.

thanks for listening.

pls contact me as floss at kgs, not the address i used to register here.

{Posted by floss}
floss

Post by floss »

comments?

{Posted by floss}
floss

Post by floss »

is there anybody who is interested in this?

i know accessibility doesn't matter much for most people who don't need it, but the changes really are small and they would make the site work for people who need it.

[quote]
just discovered this site. like it.

there are accessibility issues. only a few very small changes would make it usable for me. i can't use it unless i can lie down and increase the font to very large.

1. make the mission ("black to humble white") in ordinary text so that the font gets bigger.

2. make the db data (group, time, level, etc.) take up fewer lines so that the user doesn't have to scroll to the problem when fonts are very large . or put it on the bottom.

3. increase menu font (how to show solution etc.).

4. make prev, next, etc. buttons big left, right, etc. arrows with small text rather than medium (but still unreadable) text and small arrows.

5. have a huge stone size.

thanks for listening.

pls contact me as floss at kgs, not the address i used to register here.

[/quote]

{Posted by floss}
floss

anyone home?

Post by floss »

maybe those with access to the code do not read this forum?

{Posted by floss}
floss

Post by floss »

still nobody?

{Posted by floss}
admin

Post by admin »

hey, sorry for the delay in responding to these helpful suggestions. i do seek to make the site as accessible as possible.

as for your specific suggestions, they're all quite reasonable and shouldn't be too hard to implement. however, my time is limited and i can't promise anything any time soon. but i will endeavor to follow these ideas when possible.

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
floss

Post by floss »

thanks very much. it is indeed a great site.

{Posted by floss}
floss2

Post by floss2 »

[quote]
hey, sorry for the delay in responding to these helpful suggestions. i do seek to make the site as accessible as possible.
[/quote]

unfortunately so far the new site has been worse than the old one. i used to be able to read comments with large fonts. now no comments appear no matter what i do. i don't know if this is an accessibility thing (i.e. caused by large fonts or debian) or not. also, if i want to navigate solution then go back to normal to try it, it's usually not possible.

i do like the site a lot though and hope you can make it more accessible to users with very large fonts as described above.

thanks.

{Posted by floss2}
admin

Post by admin »

hmmn, the difference is that font size for comments is now controlled by java and not the browser. i will hopefully have some way of allowing user resizing at some point.

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
floss2

Post by floss2 »

glad you're thinking about accessibility.

will make a huge difference for me.

thanks.

{Posted by floss2}