accessibility issues with goproblems.com

floss2

Post by floss2 »

glad you're thinking about accessibility.

will make a huge difference for me.

thanks.

{Posted by floss2}
floss2

Post by floss2 »

currently the buttons are to the right of the top table.

the top table would actually take up *less* vertical space if the buttons on the right were put below it -- or (better) if the order from top to bottom were next/prev buttons, problem, all problem descriptions, informational table.

this is because the columns are narrow, so with very large fonts, they take up many lines.

which requires lots of scrolling, which requires clicking, which is less accessible.

of course horizontal scrolling would be even worse.

hope it helps.

thanks.

{Posted by floss2}
admin

Post by admin »

floss -- i'm not sure i follow you. you are talking about the problem pages, right?

how would putting the buttons below the information take up less vertical space? can you post a screenshot of what you see/envision?

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}
floss2

Post by floss2 »

hi,

> floss -- i'm not sure i follow you. you are talking about the problem pages, right?

yes.

> how would putting the buttons below the information take up less vertical space? can you

because the text in the table wraps and each cell grows vertically to hold it. that vertical growth exceeds the number of lines that would be taken up by the buttons. try very large fonts to see what i mean. imagine that you need those fonts to be very large in order to be able to use the site.

> post a screenshot of what you see/envision?

ok. how? where? what format? (linux.) i have scrot import ksnapshot.

i am referring to my original post in this thread, number 2.

thanks.

{Posted by floss2}
admin

Post by admin »

okay, i see what you mean. perhaps i could just make the table go all the way to the edge of the screen. that should maximize space. i'll have to think how to do that without it looking strange tho.

thanks,
adum

{Posted by admin}