I can't read or add comments.

Yxven

Post by Yxven »

I thought it has worked since the new version, but I might have been running firefox on windows.

However, I can't add or read comments using firefox or opera on linux ubuntu dapper drake.

{Posted by Yxven}
shadowsill

same

Post by shadowsill »

i am having the exact same problem, i am unable to add or read comments, i've tried firefox (1.5x) and (gasp) internet explorer (6). however i assume i am just being retarded, this is usually the case. if anyone has any suggestions (no matter how painfully obvious they may seem) i would love to hear them.

oh on a side note, other buttons that open new windows work fine, it's not a popup blocker or java security or anything i don't think.

also i am using sun's java, not microsoft's whatever-they-made-to-try-to-put-sun-out-of-business

{Posted by shadowsill}
dmg

Post by dmg »

I've got the same problem using firefox 2 and sun java under windows and linux. Yesterday everything was working ok. It seems like something has broken since.

{Posted by dmg}
Jani

Post by Jani »

Same here. Ever since the new applet version I haven't been able to read any comments.

I'm using Firefox. Any ideas what do I need to look for to enable those comments to open?

{Posted by Jani}
Yxven

Post by Yxven »

I just reformated and konquerer on kubuntu seems to work.

{Posted by Yxven}
aardvark2012

Post by aardvark2012 »

Surprise, surprise -- I have exactly the same problem. Figured it was more of an "I'm a dumbass" type problem, but it's nice to think I might be able to blame Firefox.

Also, I can only rate the problems with a coolness of 6 or higher -- the other numbers don't appear in the list box. Innocent bug, or insidious effort to increase the perceived coolness? :)

{Posted by aardvark2012}
aardvark2012

Post by aardvark2012 »

... I just tried with IE 7. That doesn't work either. First time I've used it, though, so maybe there's a configuration thing going on. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

{Posted by aardvark2012}
Grebble

Me too

Post by Grebble »

I have 2 different machines, configured quite differently, but both with the same problem. One common factor is that they are both using the Sun JVM.

{Posted by Grebble}
floss2

Post by floss2 »

this problem does not bother me (sun jvm, debian, mozilla) because it doesn't show the board at all much of the time. :/

so these things are relative. :)

i liked the old applet much better. :)

{Posted by floss2}
bass

sun jre1.6.0 works on linux

Post by bass »

When I upgraded my java plugin to 1.6.0_01-b06 (that is, java version 6, update 1), I noticed thet some letters "T" appeared in the solution tree. When I clicked on them, nothing happened, though.

Oh, but the scrollbar thingy next to the "add comment" -field got slightly shorter! There were comments hidden below there!

So not seeing any comments may be caused by either
* your java version being too old, or
* not-so-robust user interface design. ;-)

Cheers,

-bass

{Posted by bass}