Comment window is sometimes very narrow

Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Hi, I wonder why the comment window is so narrow for some problems. Ideally it would be nice if there was a slider to change the width of the comment window... Here is an example (or is this a problem only on my computer? Resolution is 1024-768).

http://www.goproblems.com/prob.php3?nex ... lty=medium

{Posted by Vlad}
xela

Say no to horizontal scrollbars!

Post by xela »

I've just checked back in after an absence of a few months (I reported this problem back in April), and it still hasn't been fixed. For example, look at problem 6467. If the browser window is 1000 pixels wide, it's very hard to read the comments. If the browser window is 800 pixels wide, the comments are totally invisible. Yet with stone size set to "small", there's oodles of unused space on the right of the window.

(Even when I do get around to buying a new monitor, I will still expect to be able to resize windows. I can't think of another application or web site that is so crippled in this respect.)

What's needed is either a slider that can be dragged across to bring the comments into view, or an option to have the comments displayed below instead of next to the board.

I notice meanwhile that some other useful features have been disabled, I guess to encourage people to pay for pro accounts. Now, this used to be one of my favourite sites, and was well worth paying for before the interface was broken. If you can fix this issue then I'll happily sign up for a pro account. If you don't, I won't. How's that for an incentive? :-)

{Posted by xela}