graphical editor will not edit

bass

Post by bass »

The graphical editor will not add a new path to problem 10742.

http://goproblems.com/prob.php3?id=10742

The problematic path is the one with comments on it: b-Q2, w-M1, b-R2, w-R1, b-S3, w-R3, b-Q3.

Even though you go to the graphical editor, add the path, mark it as a solution, submit changes and refresh the applet the problem still says "wrong, off path" at that point.

{Posted by bass}
bass

Further details

Post by bass »

The problem seems to lie in the the editor displaying the comments.

While making a (single) largish edit on a problem, I noticed that

1) the editor is not completely broken (some paths were successfully added)
2) the comment paths prevent editing the problem. (I tried to add many solutions suggested in the comments, none of them made it into the problem)

Adum, in case you cannot duplicate this, I'm using Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_01-b06 on Linux.

{Posted by bass}
santa c

Post by santa c »

ahh, i've encountered it as well. i've first replied to a question with a "right" type of comment and then decided to make it a regular variation - it edits everything but this one...

i doubt that it has something to do with my particular environment but i've got this on a win2k sp4 running java 1.6.0_03-b05 in both a ff 2.0.0.11 and an old opera installation 9.0.2 (further machine specs upon request... ^_^*)...

{Posted by santa c}
Field Mouse

Solution

Post by Field Mouse »

I had this problem too - i think you have to delete the paths added by comments and make them again.

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
admin

Post by admin »

it appears that marking the var with the normal marker isn't enough. you need to right-click the node in the tree and hit "accept as right var".

i'll try to fix this in a later release.

adum

{Posted by admin}