Inaccurately rated problem? Any way to change?

Jamie S.

Post by Jamie S. »

http://goproblems.com/prob.php3?id=11096

The subject pretty much says it. I submitted a 30 kyu problem that is definitely 30 kyu. It's listing the problem at 12 kyu and 63 seconds...definitely an inaccurate difficulty rating. Embarrassingly enough, I think this may be from me messing around on it after reading comments to see what the commenters meant (and getting the problems wrong because of that). The success/failure rate is skewed...is there any way I can fix it manually?

Sorry if I could have figured this out through some help guide...the instructions/test problem page is down and I had to figure out the entry system by trying things out. Because of that, I'm not so knowledgeable.

Thanks much!

-
" >_< "

- Gen'an Inseki, 1846

{Posted by Jamie S.}
Field Mouse

Post by Field Mouse »

Hello Jamie,

there is no way to manualy set the difficulty of a problem as the difficulty is counted as the solved/tried ratio of the registered users who are not the problem creators.
Maybye telling people where to play to get the problem solved would decrease the difficulty :)
The seconds are not very important in the problem info, some people just click the problem, then go to some other internet window and after a minute they go back to the problem and solve it.
Having a long text in the introduction can make the time difficulty also bigger as people read it before they try to solve.

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
Jamie S.

Post by Jamie S. »

Thanks, Field Mouse!

I suppose it'll balance out in time as more people succeed. I don't mind the time much, but 12 kyu? Kinda crazy.

I went back and completed it a couple more times. It's already up to 18 kyu, so I see it working out in the long run.

" >_< "

- Gen'an Inseki, 1846

{Posted by Jamie S.}