Newbie with dumb questions or just dumb newbie?

kevintmckay

Post by kevintmckay »

Comments
Very cool site!

Questions
Whats does theses numbers mean?
Newbie 2 ( 38 ) 1170

How do I know when I have successfully completed a time trial?

When I check time trail results I get this

Warning: main(startpage2.html) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.fabian/adum/html/go/html/user/trialres.php on line 4

Warning: main(startpage2.html) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.fabian/adum/html/go/html/user/trialres.php on line 4

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'startpage2.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.fabian/adum/html/go/html/user/trialres.php on line 4

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: checkloggedin() in /home/.fabian/adum/html/go/html/user/trialres.php on line 25

I hope I did not break the internet's :)

Thanks!

{Posted by kevintmckay}
Field Mouse

Answers

Post by Field Mouse »

Hello kevintmckay,

the first number in the brackets is the number of goproblems you solved. The second number is your rating - you start at 1200 and when you solve a problem on the first try it goes up, if you dont solve it its lowered.

Newbie is your moniker here - that depends on the % of goproblems on the site you have solved.

If you want to finish time trial you have to solve all the problems on the site - when you solve enough problems of the chosen difficulty you will automatically get harder problems.

The missing time trial results are the consequence of upgrading the site some time ago, maybye adum knows how to fix it.

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
kevintmckay

Post by kevintmckay »

Thanks Field Mouse.

two more questions

my stats have changed
Newbie 5 (67)

so what does the 5 mean?

how many questions do I need to answer in the time trial correctly to move beyond 30 kyu?

Thanks

{Posted by kevintmckay}
Field Mouse

Post by Field Mouse »

Hm I am not sure, my stats look just like this:

Field Mouse Meijin (5687)
Logout 2151

No number after the Meijin, just the (*nr of solved problems*)

As to the number of problems, I tried a 30k time trial and proceeded to 25k after solving 68 problems. This number probably depends on the number of problems available on the site.

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
kevintmckay

Post by kevintmckay »

What does your "Logout 2151" mean?

So after 68 problems it just automatically switches you to 25k?

Thanks

{Posted by kevintmckay}
Field Mouse

Post by Field Mouse »

Yes it automatically switches to the higher rank.

On the goproblems page, on the upper side, there are buttons like *home*, *info*, *stats* etc. After the *add problem* button there is my name when I am logged in. Under my name is the logout button. Right of my name is my moniker meijin (5687) and below meijin is my rating 2151.

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
kevintmckay

Post by kevintmckay »

Thanks for the help!

{Posted by kevintmckay}