"isomorphism" bug

kaf

"isomorphism" bug

Post by kaf »

Adum,
Something is wrong with "isomorphism" algorithm. It seems stopped working for nodes, played by a user.
e.g., look at http://www.goproblems.com/5088 at the "wrong" branch commented by kac04. This is actually supposed to continue at the correct branch, but it does not.
Sestir

Re: "isomorphism" bug

Post by Sestir »

Indeed, this needs to be fixed!

What happens seems to be:
There is an isomorphism that works just fine, with a green bow stretching from the final node of a correct branch (A) to a node midway in another correct variation (B). Now some user tries the JavaScript solver which does not support isomorphism yet. He finds the correct solution (A) but gets a "Wrong" from the solver. He adds one more move to the tree and makes a comment saying "This is correct too, isn't it?" By doing so, he destroys the isomorphism by adding a continuation from the branch which should not have a continuation. Suddenly, the problem is broken for all solvers.

Also, restoring the isomorphism in the editor does not work. It appears to work, but it still does not work after you have saved it. One way to handle this is to make the isomorphism code ignore nodes that are shown with dotted lines. (= = = = =)

Another scary thing about this, that at least I perceive as a bug, is the fact that when you try to look at an old version of the problem, in the edit page, it displays recent user comments within the problem such that they are still abel to break it, even though they were not made until after the next edit.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

thanks for the info. my plan is actually to remove all isomorphism from the solving version of the applet. the isomorphism will get expanded at problem creation time, and solvers will see the full version. this should solve these problems, as well as making the applet less confusing for users.
Sestir

Post by Sestir »

oh
Isomorphisms worked like clockwork until this happened and is, in my opinion, the single best feature of the site. They are useful in order to understand the solution of a problem as well as when creating it. You decide, of course, but you certainly do not have to remove them for my sake.

:/
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

that's interesting you like the isomorphism during the solving. i'll think about this, thanks.
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

Is isomorphism to blame here, or are the comment paths?
Cooments do more than just break isomorphism; it is not possible to add a path that has been commented on in a normal way. You have to right-click the node and choose Add variation as right/wrong.
Preventing the comment paths from interfering with other path features might restore the correct behaviour of those.