Graphical editor won't create a variation on a comment

bass

Graphical editor won't create a variation on a comment

Post by bass »

If somebody suggests a correct path by adding a comment to the problem, then the graphical editor will not let you create that variation and mark it correct, as you would want to.

Workaround:
1: navigate the variation tree to the first (leftmost) node where the comment path is no longer in the problem (you'll recognize it by the changing type of connecting lines in the tree)
2: delete that node (red X on the left)
3: recreate the suggested path (clicky clicky)
4: mark it solved and submit the problem.
bass

Re: Graphical editor won't create a variation on a comment

Post by bass »

However, creating a path on a comment that says "WRONG" at the end seems to be impossible in the graphical editor.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

normally you have to right-click on the tree, and select "accept variation as ..."

did you try this?

this is not a very good UI, but i think it works.
bass

Post by bass »

May I suggest that this feature might just be useful enough to warrant the tiniest hint in the instructions?

http://www.goproblems.com/add/editorinstruct.php
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

i really just need to fix the bug! but yes, you are right bass ;)
bass

Post by bass »

One more remark about this.

In problem 12641 (http://www.goproblems.com/prob.php3?id=12641) there is a comment that has a long path, with (slightly suboptimal) point counting and somesuch. To explain why that path is not the best, I would like to give an explanation after the situation is settled, that is, on that path, way before the actual comment, and I would like the applet to report "wrong" at that point. This seems impossible, even after deactivating the comment, accepting the variation as wrong, deleting the path, and trying whatever I could think of.
tails

Post by tails »

Hi,
I have modified the applet to show "wrong" when the current position has only comment continuations.
tails

Post by tails »

And I think we can use the "WRONG" tag in SGF if we want to mark a position as wrong, halfway on a sequence.

EDIT:
Ah, it seems an undocumented feature... Yes, we can use "WRONG" just like "RIGHT" inside comments, to explicitly mark positions as wrong.