More functions for the list of favorite problems

Weichi

More functions for the list of favorite problems

Post by Weichi »

To me, an import function of this website is the list of favorite problems. I use it to practice problems that I have difficulty with, and it does help a lot. However, I wish it could have more functions, such as showing various statistics of each problem (average/max/min time used to solve it, correct/total trials, date of last trial, etc.), showing snapshot of the problem when the mouse cursor is over its link so that the player quickly knows what the problem is like, randomizing/sorting the problems based on various statistics (or problem type), etc.

Some of these functions require additional server storage space (average/max/min time, date of last trial). Others may need lots of programming. However, I believe that these functions will greatly enhance this web's role as a place for dedicated users to practice, instead of a place for random users to solve problems on the fly (which is fine, but I guess most web masters prefer dedicated users).
adum
Site Admin

Re: More functions for the list of favorite problems

Post by adum »

those are good suggestions. i woudl like to have multiple favorite lists too...
Weichi

Re: More functions for the list of favorite problems

Post by Weichi »

To have multiple favorite lists, maybe we can simply have a "tag" field for favorite problems and allow users to sort the list on the tags.