using cursor keys while commenting

dohduhdah

using cursor keys while commenting

Post by dohduhdah »

Hello.
When you click the comment area to add a comment about a particular state in a go problem, you'd expect the cursor keys
to navigate the text cursor, but instead, they are used to navigate the tree of possible states associated with a problem.
Would it not be possible to use the cursor keys for text editing while having the cursor active (blinking) in the comment box and
switching back to using the cursor keys for navigating the tree of states when the comment box is inactive (lacking a blinking cursor that is)?

Greetings and thanks in advance, Niek
adum
Site Admin

Re: using cursor keys while commenting

Post by adum »

are you talking java version or javascript version? in any case, what you suggest is a good idea.
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

Just tested it: Java mode only, Javascript works fine.
Gee, this had annoyed me for so long and I never even thought about posting it here... and now with the approaching extinction of the Javasaurs it is not that important anymore.
Like in one of Asimovs novels where a CEO presents his wife with a giant diamond, uncovered at great cost from some faraway asteroid - when in weeks time an industrial breakthrough floods the market with even bigger diamonds on the cheap... Or was it Arthur C. Clarke? They're both multi-faceted for sure.
dohduhdah

Post by dohduhdah »

adum wrote:are you talking java version or javascript version? in any case, what you suggest is a good idea.
I think it's in the java version.