"well constructed" flag

kaf

"well constructed" flag

Post by kaf »

Hi Adum, I don't see much meaning in the "well constructed" flag. If a problem is flagged, that means it needs editor's attention. If I was an editor I would be pretty annoyed by that. ;)
adum
Site Admin

Re: "well constructed" flag

Post by adum »

well, the idea is to let people counterbalance flags that signify an issue. if you only have those, there's no way to know if a problem is really problematic or not. but with the "well constructed", even if one person has said "invalid", if 10 have said "well constructed", you can dismiss the invalid flag as an anomaly.
kaf

Post by kaf »

you 've got me wrong, - i do like flags. It's just when an editor sees a problem with, say, 10 flags, he has to read them to see if these are "good" or "bad" flags. And that is distracting. I think an editor is capable of making decision about validity of the "needs fixing" flag without waiting for people to counterweight it with "well constructed" flags. Besides, I've seen many invalid problems with quite a few "well constructed" flags.
Last edited by kaf on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

hmmn, that's an interesting point. how about this: the number next to the "Flag problem" dropdown gives a +/- count of bad flags and good flags. so it might say +3 if there are 4 well-constructed and 1 needs fixing. that would help the instant information part. sound good?
kaf

Post by kaf »

It would be much better indicating somehow if there is at least one "bad" flag assigned to the problem. Then, it would mean that the problem requires editor's attention. Even better - marking such problems in the list (changing color of the problem name?).
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

hmmn, that makes some sense.

of course, there's also the page that shows flagged problems, which should be a big help to editors.