Joseki

kaf

Joseki

Post by kaf »

With successful launching of Josekipedia, would it be a good idea eliminating "joseki" as class in goproblems.com?
That would allow us saving a lot of space on the server and getting rid of about 20% of “junk” postings.
Authors could move their joseki problems to josekipedia voluntarily.
adum
Site Admin

Re: Joseki

Post by adum »

the 'joseki' category has definitely been rather problematic, and i guess you believe it doesn't deserve to exist. you may be right. what do others think? should joseki problems just be automatically generated from josekipedia?
vinhan

Post by vinhan »

i'm agree . :mrgreen:
tails

Post by tails »

I'm sorry but I object to the suggestion.
There are many good joseki problems on the site, so we should not eliminate the joseki category. The site definitely needs joseki problems to be a comprehensive go problem resource.
Generating problems automatically from Josekipedia is a nice idea, but it cannot take the place of humanly created problems.
kaf

Post by kaf »

I see a case of misunderstanding. You probably meant fuseki (which joseki to play in the particular cituation?). In fact, I don't even know how one can make a problem out of joseki. With Josekipedia running, solving joseki problem is rediculously easy, - just open Josekipedia and see the answer.
Last edited by kaf on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tails

Post by tails »

I know the difference between joseki and fuseki.
We can create joseki problems by asking vital moves, asking how to refute trick play, and so on.
kaf

Post by kaf »

In this case you're right. But I yet to see such problem on the site. All joseki "problems" that I've seen here simply asking a dull question "what is the next move?" :)