Sadness

MrMoto

Post by MrMoto »

Dear adum & goproblems.com,

The new user interface makes me sad. Rarely do I visit this site any more because I get so frustrated.

I used to be able to look at user comments, but now when I click the button, a mysteriously squashed
rectangle appears on the right side of my screen. I cannot read squashed rectangles.

Sadly,
MrMoto

{Posted by MrMoto}
admin

Post by admin »

that sounds sad. i'm not sure exactly what you mean. can you send me a screenshot please?

adum

{Posted by admin}
MrMoto

Post by MrMoto »

It seems that if I close the bookmarks sidebar on my browser, then I can see a bit more of this rectangle of comments. But! even with the bookmarks sidebar open, the remaining space is still over 900 pixels wide. Not wide enough, it seems!

If I click on "small stone size", then the board and stones shrink but the comments are still squashed over on the right side.

I have sent a screen shot. Please rename the extension to .jpg.

{Posted by MrMoto}
MrMoto

Post by MrMoto »

I moved my bookmarks sidebar over just a little bit, and although the paths
in the graphical editor are still too timid to emerge from the right side of the
screen, I managed, not without some fond remembrances of go problems
gone by, to add a new problem to the site.

Oh, goproblems.com.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the site, adum.

{Posted by MrMoto}
admin

Post by admin »

hi mrmoto, from your screenshot i can see what you mean about the sizing. it does seem that 900 pixels is too narrow if the problem is fullboard. i'll think about ways to possibly address this...

adum

{Posted by admin}
daal

Post by daal »

Greetings,

I'd like to chip in that when I view a full board problem using either the Opera or Firefox browser, the board is displayed much smaller than on MrMoto's screenshot, and the space for comments is a bit wider (about an inch on my 12 inch screen, so that it is still possible, though somewhat bothersome, to use the comments function. My suggestion would be to place the comments section at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for the great site!
-daal

{Posted by daal}