Different layout for iphone

myrcutio

Different layout for iphone

Post by myrcutio »

I was thinking, perhaps if the problems were laid out go the right of a sidebar rather than beneath, it would be easier to view on an iPhone. Currently there is slot of wasted space when zoomed in. The javascript option works great though! :D
adum
Site Admin

Re: Different layout for iphone

Post by adum »

hey, i'm not sure i follow you. how would you do the layout exactly?

cheers,
adum
santa c

Post by santa c »

would be kinda cool if u could snap it with a digital camera to show how it looks atm... ^^*
myrcutio

Post by myrcutio »

Sorry about the delay replying.

What i had in mind is a more convenient layout that does not involve scrolling or resizing the screen. The screen is roughly 2 inches by 4 inches, therefore if the go board was 2 inches square, that would leave another 2 square inches for problem info, navigation, etc. There is one problem however that i'm not sure can be solved server side. It's an awfully tiny screen to play a stone on.

The way text is handled to be more precise is by zooming in exactly where the finger is, almost like taking a magnifying glass to one point. this would be a perfect interface for a go board, as one could view the entire board on a smaller screen, but play very precisely by holding their finger down for a moment. can this be done with javascript or would it require an iphone app mod?

I'd be happy to help in any way i can if you feel up to the challenge.