Facebook?

dcalogue

Post by dcalogue »

I think that given the amount of people in Facebook (a growing community with interest groups like go) it would be great to have some app to access goproblems from there. Since the code is written in java, I think it wouldnt be that hard to port it and it would benefit a lot of people...

Any ideas or comments on this?

David

{Posted by dcalogue}
admin

Post by admin »

i've considered the facebook app phenomenon as a place to spread go problems... but i'm not exactly sure how go problems fit into that model. truth to be told, 99% of apps i see make no sense to me at all. but i still get spammed by invites every day =) if you can explain to me the benefit, could be interesting. not sure if you can use java tho...

adum

{Posted by admin}
Vlad

facebook

Post by Vlad »

I think facebook would be a pretty cool way to access goproblems.com. The idea is that you could invite your facebook friends to solve problems. facebook-specific features could include comparisons of how you're doing at solving problems relative to your friends, which would be a nice way to encourage competition. The presence of the goproblems app on one's facebook page might also encourage people to ask "hey what's that?" thus encouraging others to take an interest in go. I don't know how hard it would be to embed... I know mindjolt have embedded their games inside of facebook, so something similar would be cool.

{Posted by Vlad}
r2josef

Facebook widget please!

Post by r2josef »

(1st of all, sorry about my english)
I was looking for an app to display go problems and/or proverbs on my facebook profile and i found this forum (as i couldn't find the app) :-)

I don like applications which force you to send invitations, but there are lots of them without this trick, I thnk a go problems app would look like the ones which displays a daily quote from a philosopher or writer. One should be able to choose the level and kind of problems to show. Maybe problems in a whole-board scale will not be very practical to solve on profile page, too small stones... Lots of people who like Go, connect to facebook daily, more often than to goproblems. So this could in fact spread the go and make beginner and intermediate players (as me) to improve our level (and surly to rise the vist count of goproblems.com) ...Also it would contribute have more frendly-no-tricky-comercial applications available on facebook. Simple apps (bordering minimalist) are always welcome!

Finnaly a board of go is allways a very nice thing to look at (thats my personal opinion but maybe you'll agree) and so to put on a facebook profile

{Posted by r2josef}