Search function on site

Thomas Derz

Post by Thomas Derz »

Dear Adam,

two differnt kind of search functions could be created on the site - in the long run.

1) Searching for text in different fields (Problem introduction, right & wrong path(s), comments etc..) and ranges of problem numbers.
2) Position or pattern searching, perhaps even result-searching, e.g. kill in n-moves, three-stage-ko, 2-yose ko etc.

Loads of works lie ahead, no one will die bored to death here!

Many greetings,
and my regular thanks for the idea and implementation of this great site.
Tommie

{Posted by Thomas Derz}
admin

Post by admin »

the text searching is a good idea and it's pretty easy. i'm planning on doing that as soon as i finish my current project (offline version.)

the position searching is something i've been dreading for years, but has to be done. for one thing, as the site grows it becomes too hard to check if you're adding a duplicate problem.

thanks for the suggestions,
adum

[quote]
Dear Adam,

two differnt kind of search functions could be created on the site - in the long run.

1) Searching for text in different fields (Problem introduction, right & wrong path(s), comments etc..) and ranges of problem numbers.
2) Position or pattern searching, perhaps even result-searching, e.g. kill in n-moves, three-stage-ko, 2-yose ko etc.

Loads of works lie ahead, no one will die bored to death here!

Many greetings,
and my regular thanks for the idea and implementation of this great site.
Tommie
[/quote]

{Posted by admin}
Thomas Derz

Position pattern searching

Post by Thomas Derz »

Adum,

is it possible to do reverse engineering on Kombilo
or the US-MASTER-GO search engines?

These two programs dothe job.
Would it be possible to ask Jan van der Steen for advice?
I do not know whether the program module itself or the implementation on your site is the problem.

Tommie

{Posted by Thomas Derz}