Time Trial

WTD

Post by WTD »

The time trial is very enjoyable, but I think it would be improved by knowing how many problems need solving, before achieving the next level.
When I looked, no. required/category, showed:
8k-26, 7k-29, 6k-39, 5k-56, 4k-well over 100.
So upto ~6k, you have a reasonable chance of acieving the next level within the 4 life limit; but, to get through 4k is a much bigger job, than you realise at the start.
Alternatively, perhaps a limit could be set at (say) 30 problems per level, with these to be selected randomely, each time it is entered.
Also, I think it would be good to have the option of browsing through a strength category, without the time trial operating.

{Posted by WTD}
admin

Post by admin »

some good ideas there. one other thing i intend to do is grant more lives after a certain number of problems solved correctly -- maybe 10. that should help get through levels.

adum

{Posted by admin}
santa c

Post by santa c »

just, saying thanks, for adding a life..lol - it just saved, me..heh.. ^.^

{Posted by santa c}
WTD

Post by WTD »

Thanks for the randomness. I usually go for the 4 kyu category, and it's great to enter it without facing the same order again.

cheers
wtd

{Posted by WTD}
eng60340

Post by eng60340 »

1)
i support the suggestion :

option of browsing through a strength category, without the time trial operating. (with an option of increasing/decreasing difficulty level)

((one way to circumvent the time trial right now is to use the browser back and forward buttons. however would that skewer the problems difficulty level ?

perhaps, ticking a "no time trial" check box during time trial, can stop the prog from counting down and also stop the prog from tabulating the wrong statistics.))

2)
also it would be nice if the problems can be rotated, colour swapped.

and to collect all the comments for the particular rotated/colour-swapped problem in one place,
there should be a single base reference problem where everyone can put their comments on.

3)
can we have a little bit of space to comment on our favourite problems in the our own user page ? that way i know which problems are more significant to me.

alternatively, an option to mark/unmark the fav problem sets would be nice.

---
"give them an inch, they take a mile"

^^

{Posted by eng60340}
chrise

Post by chrise »

I've just played through the 20 kyu time trial, to see how it works. 34 problems before I came to 18 kyu! That's pretty tough, considering the small leap. (And so it should be, I hear you say)... :)

chrise

{Posted by chrise}