not a sug. - more of a prob - diff rule sets

santa c

Post by santa c »

well - problems, concernning, some rules, sets, get wierd ratings - i dunno, what to say - my EXTREAMLY easy 3484,3485 problems, got scary difficuly levels - well - it's a bit early to jusgde, but a looot of ppl, don't know the basics, of the NZ rules set, so, alooot of ppl mistakken on more than simple things - things as simple as putting a stone in the middle of 3 spaces to kill..

{Posted by santa c}
unkx80

Post by unkx80 »

As if we don't already have enough rule sets. The subtle differences in the various rule sets can be really confusing.

{Posted by unkx80}
santa c

Post by santa c »

so ur against having probs with any other rule sets but the jp one? i don't think it's such a good idea... - since nobody said that problems should be limited to it... and by ignoring probs it'd be vs the sites idea. as i c it, at least..

{Posted by santa c}
rubilia

Post by rubilia »

I am strongly interested in chinese endgame issues (using area scoring) and superko problems. Although in western countries Japanese rules are very popular, chinese-like rulesets are the most used ones in the world. We shouldn´t ignore them. I don´t see any danger to the players being interested in (or accustomed to, respectively) Japanese rules only. Furthermore, I don´t expect anyone to create new rulesets by providing problems at goproblems.com.

{Posted by rubilia}