no anwser problems - >;)

santa c

Post by santa c »

i'll quote from gopanthers 4th comment on his problem (http://www.goproblems.com/comment.php3?prob=3386)- "it would be much better for learning go if the computer wouldn't play any moves and would only comment on the moves you play."

well - it'd be nice, if some problems could be made so, that the user, plays out, both his side, and the opponents.. - having only the comments flash by, like gopanther said, no? ;)

(i know it's quite a difference and dunno, if u'll think, it goes in some way against, the one sided play - but i think, it could be nice, for some problems..)

{Posted by santa c}

gopanther

Post by Guest »

I find gopanther's behaviour on the discussion page of this problem extremely bad mannered, btw. He is deactivating my critical comments, but keeps his own reactions to those, thus giving people only one side of the story.

I think that this problem is _wrong_ because the 'correct' solution is a failure. Which means that the solver is considered correct if failing in one way, but wrong if failing equally badly (or even less) in another way. He is of the opinion that since the solution shows the answer of the question, it is right.

{Posted by }
santa c

Post by santa c »

hm - there defanatly, was a problem - since, the q was - will white be able to save - by tenukiing anywhere it's also the anwser to the question! so..

{Posted by santa c}
chrise

Post by chrise »

I'm glad someone has brought this forward for discussion. By that I'm not referring to the computer commenting on the moves one makes, but rather on gopanther's reaction to Andre Engles' comments. Instead of refuting them and indulging in a sensible discussion, he was not only rude, but also deactivated any comments that questioned his point of view. Now I note the he has deactivated all of his ladder problems as a stroppy response. Surprisingly immature behaviour...

chrise

{Posted by chrise}
santa c

Post by santa c »

o.O - he did? :(

gopanther - don't deactivatre all ur problems -
they were really nice - it's only one problem, which a couple of ppl, don't think of as a good one(heh - my gr sux - sorry;) - u don't have to c from our point of view - anyway - it was only about one problem - the rest were great..

{Posted by santa c}