multiple answers

Eric Plemons

Post by Eric Plemons »

It seems to me that there may be more than one answer to many of the problems on this site. We should not be limited by the answer of the creator of the problem, as go is a complex game. A single problem may have many answers. the answers given are often not the best possible options. Also, often the opposition will make unwise moves that no player of any experience would make. I propose that either multiple answers be allowed or that all problems be screened by a professional to ensure that the answer is indeed the only correct option.

{Posted by Eric Plemons}
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

[quote]
It seems to me that there may be more than one answer to many of the problems on this site. We should not be limited by the answer of the creator of the problem, as go is a complex game. A single problem may have many answers. the answers given are often not the best possible options. Also, often the opposition will make unwise moves that no player of any experience would make. I propose that either multiple answers be allowed or that all problems be screened by a professional to ensure that the answer is indeed the only correct option.
[/quote]

Certainly there are often multiple anwsers to a problem and as such they are often included in the SGF. The applet is not a computer and only plays moves that the author (or moderators) has added to the SGF. As such it will most often play decent moves. There's room to leave comments if someone disagrees so most problems should be reasonably correct. If you know a professional though, who is willing to screen the problems for free, please let us know.

{Posted by Spirit}