Difficulty levels

taw

Post by taw »

More fine-grained difficulty level selection of the problems would be great - I'd love to select problems from 8k to 2k only, so I don't get any trivial or impossible ;-) ones, only those I can do, but make me think a bit.

{Posted by taw}
chrise

Post by chrise »

You can choose to try whatever difficulty you like, it's up to you, that's what is so great about the site! Don't fancy a 30k problem? skip it and head straight for the 6 dan ;)

chrise

{Posted by chrise}
admin

Post by admin »

i suppose it's true that you can't really select fine-grained difficulty for anything except the time trial. not a bad idea.

adum

{Posted by admin}
tristesse

Post by tristesse »

I second this with gusto.

Please, please, please!

It would allow one to go through, say, 50 problems of life & death, as if one was reading a go problem book, which would be cool++. (The "next in set" feature is brilliant.) Choosing random order with "easy" difficulty creates a much too varied (for a 15 kyu, every other problem might turn out to be either trivial or incredibly hard...).

Better yet would be the ability to select upper and lower range in the vein of the time trial difficulty levels; e.g. "I want 50 random tesuji problems of approximate difficulty 10 to 5 kyu inclusive".

It can't be that hard, can it? .. prob.solved / prob.tried AS level .. WHERE level >= %1 AND level < %2.. :P Nevermind me...

Edit: This forum is weird. After the search, clicking on the topic I found, it only showed me the first post, so I didn't see the reply from Adam -- so sorry if I seem a bit pushy when it had already registered on your radar. :)

{Posted by tristesse}
admin

Post by admin »

all right, this feature is done!

adum

{Posted by admin}
santa c

Post by santa c »

hehe new features attack... =)

{Posted by santa c}