what do you think? asking for your opinion

santa c

what do you think? asking for your opinion

Post by santa c »

"adum and the rest of yaz" (:), just wondering where lies the limit between posting usefull problems.

would a series made of over 20 problems starting from a certain position and slowly(a stone per problem) changing into another be usefull or just flooding?

i wonder because i think such stuff(same position with slight changes analysis) usefull for studying but may not be as fun to solve a lot of similar looking problems?

what d'ya think? :)

{Posted by santa c}
Emile Wester

Post by Emile Wester »

Personally, after about 4 or 5 of the same problem with a small variation, I get bored with it.
I couldn't get through Cho Chikun's books on life&death in one go either. :)

So I like to have varied problems dealing with different aspects. As long as there's a good search engine, you can do the study of certain positions just as well. E.g. all the variations of the L-shape.

For extensive study you can always go to sensei's library. :)

{Posted by Emile Wester}
osiris

Post by osiris »

I think a series of problems with lots of minor variations are fine as long as that minor change really changes the problem. A person shouldn't be just changing the position of one useless stone and submitting this as another problem. However if one stone really changes how the problem works then, great! submit the problem. I always find it interesting how one stone can change the whole result of the problem.

{Posted by osiris}
admin

Post by admin »

i agree with osiris. in fact, i think variations on a theme is a particularly powerful way to learn.

adum

{Posted by admin}
chrise

Post by chrise »

Now santa c has an excuse to flood the site with a million and one problems that all look the same, bah!
;)

chrise

{Posted by chrise}
santa c

Post by santa c »

;p

{Posted by santa c}