New Javascript version

Site news and updates.
adum
Site Admin

New Javascript version

Post by adum »

thanks to the excellent work of Matías Niklison, i'm happy to announce the inclusion of a new Javascript solver on goproblems. to switch to Javascript, just select the "Use Javascript" link on a problem page. switching back coming soon ;)

eventually this Javascript version will replace the Java one as a default. Java applets have been dying a slow, painful death for many years, and this switch is inevitable as goproblems.com adapts to the ever-changing world of web technology.

the Javascript version began as the basic high-quality Eidogo codebase, and has been extended to integrate more properly into the site. problem attempts are recorded. comments can be viewed and added. the tree can be navigated.

a lot of work remains, and the board and the nav tree will be recoded as Canvas widgets to complete the necessary feature set. (one big element missing now: support for non-standard board sizes).

please report any bugs you find on this thread.

the problem creator interface will probably always be in Java.
BartTM

Re: New Javascript version

Post by BartTM »

Err... Where would that link be? Can't find it on a problem page, neither with Exploder nor with Chrome.
Tried starting GoProblems in Media Player but that does not work obviously. I use media player a lot these days - the icon looks damn similar to the Chrome one on my not too big hi-res laptop screen. :roll:
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

on every problem page, at the very bottom of the screen, under the problem applet
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

Awww... Seen that at least a thousand times :oops:
Exanour

Post by Exanour »

Google both rss and JavaScript (separately) to learn about each. They are not really related to each other. Also, check out the rss demo we include with the xdk to see how to get a rss in your app.