Internal site update

Site news and updates.
adum
Site Admin

Internal site update

Post by adum »

hey guys, i've spent some time reworking the codebase of the site. (essentially transitioning from PHP4 to PHP5 and trying to clean up all the SQL injection points.)

anyway, hopefully everything is working and nothing has changed, but if you see any bugs, please post them to the forum right away.

and if you find any sql injection spots, please email me.
santa c

Re: Internal site update

Post by santa c »

ah hopefully it'll work...
(i'm kinda curious, are you going to publish the flaws and how they were fixed? :)

also could u please take a look at the get problem on the main page (fails to work)
also if you're going to leave the commercials on the front it might be nice to call them so and not partner sites :)

edit: also see attempt paths doesnt work ^^*
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

thanks santa -- i have fixed the get problem from main page, and also the attempt paths.

sorry about the ads on the front page, but my contract says i have to call them partner sites. hopefully nobody will get confused, or i'll remove them when the contract is up.

the site flaws weren't very interesting -- basically, i didn't pay any attention to sql injection when i designed the site, so any page that queried the db based on user input was vulnerable. there were also some places where i didn't screen user input well enough for things like embedded javascript.

thanks,
adum
lok

Post by lok »

I don't know if this is related with the site update, but there is a (recent?) change with my user account right management.
It seems :
- I can see the "Desactivate comment" checkbox on any comment on any problem, but I can't desactivate comments (even mine).
- I can see the "Edit" button on all problems (before it was only with mine), but I cannot edit other's problem.
Last edited by lok on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
sorinab

Post by sorinab »

Maybe it's not from update but my solving history was erased somehow . I think I've solved 4-5 hundred problems (anyhow all problems between 30 and 15 k were solved).
Now it seems that I dosen't solved any problem. In this moment appears solved only the problems I did today.
Than you.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

lok -- thanks, i've fixed both of those problems now.

sorinab -- unless you have a pro account, your solving history will periodically get erased.
sorinab

Post by sorinab »

adum wrote:sorinab -- unless you have a pro account, your solving history will periodically get erased.
tx :cry: