Flagging problems

Site news and updates.
adum
Site Admin

Flagging problems

Post by adum »

over on http://test.goproblems.com, i've added a facility to mark problems with various issues. please check it out and let me know what you think!

also check out http://test.goproblems.com/prob/flagged.php to see currently flagged problems.

flags can be cleared from the edit page for a problem.
santa c

Re: Flagging problems

Post by santa c »

hi adum, cool feature! it'd be really nice if you could also add a subscriptoin to it =)
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

would you want an RSS feed for every single flag event? there might be a lot.
santa c

Post by santa c »

of course not! =) only if a problem of mine (or any problem, actually) gets marked as "needs fixing" for the "first" time (0 such flags-> 1, not 1+)... ^^*

also would be nice to mark the flags in-comments this way a comment saying "this problem is a duplicate of #xxxxx" would also mark the problem/ a comment saying something needs fixing would actually say what is it that the commenter had in mind :)
[be able to flag the problem as good/bad coverage/idea without the need to comment of course (but with the option to ;)]

also it'd be nice if the needs fixing would include sandboxed problems (only those which are flagged) so that mods could help edit specific sandboxed problems and they wouldn't be jsut forgotten if the author stay away for several months or years ^^

(hm though comment related flagging would be a little problematic as far the javascript version goes... i think that the comments page (the old. one) should auto add the location of the comment and type (as in correct/wrong/question) and be accessible from the javascript version page, this way it'd still be possible ^^* (even before the one-day eigo-go integration ^^*))
santa c

Post by santa c »

because as it is right now - people marking (what i believe are good) problems as "needs fixing" (/duplicate without a #? - and there're tons of duplicates lately...) without a comment explaining what is it that needs fixing... i just stopped looking at the flagged problems page... :(
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

i'm going to add a comment field to flags.