Pattern Search

Site news and updates.
admin

Post by admin »

It's been in the workroom for years, but this key feature is here at last! You can now search through the problem database for a given starting position. No longer do you have to wonder if you're about to add a duplicate problem. Can't remember that one problem you really liked? This will help you find it.

Right now, the search only works for positions anchored in a corner. Anything that could be anywhere along a side or floating in the middle will not be found unless you have the patience to try all possible combinations. I have to make it faster to get to this stage: searching the side is about 10 times slower, and the center about a hundred times.

{Posted by admin}
Thomas Derz

Post by Thomas Derz »

Sorry Adum,
I have difficulties entering black AND white stones into a search diagram.
How can I switch between colours? I clicked on the black stone, but to no avail.
One time, this search-pattern page opened with "white stones" to arrange. However also there, I could not switch to black.

What happens here?

Tommie

{Posted by Thomas Derz}
admin

Post by admin »

the interface is bad, i know. just click repeatedly in the intersection (not on the big stone on the left) to change colors

adum

[quote]
Sorry Adum,
I have difficulties entering black AND white stones into a search diagram.
How can I switch between colours? I clicked on the black stone, but to no avail.
One time, this search-pattern page opened with "white stones" to arrange. However also there, I could not switch to black.

What happens here?

Tommie
[/quote]

{Posted by admin}