Deactivated Problem Index

Site news and updates.
admin

Post by admin »

For problem authors, you can now get a list of deactivated problems from your user page. Clicking Edit will allow you to reactivate them. When you're viewing a deactivated problem, the information at the top has a pink background as a reminder that the problem isn't live.

{Posted by admin}
Spica

Post by Spica »

Is it possible to put problems which have been recently reactivated on the recent additions section of the front page. I just reactivated a problem which I had killed after only 14 people had attempted it but I don't expect too many people to find it (although i did add a comment to draw some attention).

{Posted by Spica}
Thomas Derz

Post by Thomas Derz »

[quote]
When you're viewing a deactivated problem, the information at the top has a pink background as a reminder that the problem isn't live.
[/quote]

Does this deactivation mean, that users are allowed to retract problems from the site?

No matter how flawed the problem, I would regret this, because even in those problems there will be ateaching aspect.
The danger might be that not those flawed but some good problems are withdrawn.
But perhaps I got all wrong...

Tommie

{Posted by Thomas Derz}
admin

Post by admin »

yeah, that's a good idea. i'll do that.

adum

[quote]
Is it possible to put problems which have been recently reactivated on the recent additions section of the front page. I just reactivated a problem which I had killed after only 14 people had attempted it but I don't expect too many people to find it (although i did add a comment to draw some attention).
[/quote]

{Posted by admin}
admin

Post by admin »

well, users could always retract problems from the site. the new feature is letting them put them back in!

i agree, there are sometimes flawed problems that are still interesting: these perhaps belong in the sandbox.

adum

[quote]
Does this deactivation mean, that users are allowed to retract problems from the site?

No matter how flawed the problem, I would regret this, because even in those problems there will be ateaching aspect.
The danger might be that not those flawed but some good problems are withdrawn.
But perhaps I got all wrong...

Tommie
[/quote]

{Posted by admin}