Sandbox

Site news and updates.
admin

Post by admin »

You can now add problems to a sandbox, a play area. Other users can see the sandbox problems and add comments and questions. Sandbox problems have a blue tint in the information area when you look at them.

The idea here is to let people play with problem ideas before they go live on the site. This has been a requested feature for a long time. The problems behave like normal problems, with the ability to add comments and so forth. When something is ready to be put live, it can simply be switched on.

{Posted by admin}
Spica

Post by Spica »

I'm getting the impression that if you click on the board to play with the variations before writing a comment you will automatically be credited with a 'wrong' when/if the problem is switched on. Is that right? Currently if you want to play with the live problems without cluttering up the system with failed attempts you can go to 'see attempt paths' and then activate 'navigate solution' and you can play to your hearts desire but the 'see attempt paths' option isn't available for sandbox problems.

Nice feature though.

cheers,

Spica

{Posted by Spica}
admin

Post by admin »

spica, that's a good point.

perhaps i should erase all attempts whenever a problem is made live? does that make sense?

adum

{Posted by admin}
LCZLAPINSKI

Reseting Trys after Exiting Sand Box

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

Adum, I need a reset on attempts on my first problem, 6195. It shows as an (83) 1 dan due to my playing around with it. The attempts data is meaningless because I finally figured out that I need SZ[13] before I starting adding the pieces. Eureka! Thanks for your wonderful site!
Lawrence

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}