New forum

Site news and updates.
adum
Site Admin

New forum

Post by adum »

This forum is built on phpbb3, a very nice package. (The last one used something called Zorum, crummy, long-forgotten, and unsupported.)

The other big change is that the account system is integrated -- the user you create on the main goproblems site is used here.

I have tried to import all the old posts from the old system. They aren't linked properly to user accounts, but that isn't a huge deal.

Let me know if you experience problems...

Enjoy!

adum
eddy

Re: New forum

Post by eddy »

sweet
santa c

Re: New forum

Post by santa c »

ah looks nice!

are you going to take the /zorum offline now? might be a good idea to search and replace it because some links (such as the (deprecated? but still in use for rss and old.) comment.php3 ) and perhaps even put a refferer (sp?) to avoid bookmarks or some old link leading to lost posts... ^^*

edit: i was wondering if this might be a good time to bring back the wiki-fication idea - especially with a growing "pro" (in the account sense, for now ;p) user base and the problem icons. imagine the ability to combine [ko] or [triple ko] or even [grp:h(idden):semeai] inside of a problems comment linking straight to the (forum/ or preferably) wiki or a /discussion page where odd and special vars can be reviewed before incorporation not to mention being able to say clone of [img:#123] or [img:#123:wa5,bb3] to show problem 123 after these two moves...

oh and of course there's that conventions issue, how similar problems may be... is Image considered original enough in the face of Image Image... i could take out any single stone from the first ones solution in fact and make another 30k problem out of it and there're many other possibilities like that... :)

hehe some times i wish you could be thrown into some channel with arno from senseis or something... a go portal sounds so cool... and i've always thought these two sites complete each other in a way... ^^*

*wakes up*, sorry, got kinda carried away! really does look nice!... oh yea... and... i'm 2nd! :D