Graphical Editor

Site news and updates.
admin

Post by admin »

Today marks the beta release of the new graphical problem editor. I expect this to help greatly in adding problems to the site. No longer is it necessary to create and edit problems offline and then copy the SGF into the site. This new applet allows direct creation. Additionally, it's intelligent about the specific goproblems.com extensions. Correct paths are highlighted in green and are created with a single click -- instead of typing in a key word in the comment.

adum

{Posted by admin}
unkx80

Post by unkx80 »

Great feature there. =)

A small problem though, it is not obvious to me and other people that comments can be added by double clicking the comments bar.

{Posted by unkx80}
admin

Post by admin »

yeah -- i still have to write the help page! and right now large problems cannot be edited or created, which i have to fix first.

adum

{Posted by admin}

new editor

Post by Guest »

The new editor is cool!

{Posted by }
admin

Post by admin »

thanks, andre =)

and large problems work now, and the help is written...

{Posted by admin}
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

and large problems work now, and the help is written...
[/quote]

but not yet translated... : )

{Posted by Spirit}
admin

Post by admin »

ah, true =)

{Posted by admin}
LCZLAPINSKI

Graphical Editor

Post by LCZLAPINSKI »

Graphical Editor is great! Could you add a board size option. It would help a lot. It would also be nice to be able to submit to sandbox instead of live.

{Posted by LCZLAPINSKI}
bass

Stacking stones to make the computer pass

Post by bass »

After fiddling a bit with the handicap stone order problem (1616), I managed to figure out how you can make the applet respond with a pass.

After placing the human's move, clicketyclick like this:

setup tool
played stone (makes the stone a black "setup stone", which confuses the editor enough to enable the following steps)
setup tool (the editor instantly forgets which tool you were using)
played stone twice (the first click makes the stone disappear, the second click places computer's stone on the now-empty intersection),
setup tool
played stone (with shift if the human has white)

And voilà, there is a stack of three stones on the intersection, with the topmost stone being the same color as the human's stone, which in the applet is indistinguishable from the computer having passed!

(Rest assured, the generated sgf will be very, very invalid for any extragoproblemsdotcomical purposes) :-)

{Posted by bass}